7. How to Clean
i. Light and Regular Cleaning
NOTES ON CLEANING:
- Unplug your espresso machine from the power outlet and allow for it to completely cool off before cleaning.
- Clean the milk reservoir and the filters after every use.
- Rinse through the tube in the milk reservoir with clear hot water to remove milk residues after every use.
- Regularly run the cleaning program to clean the milk reservoir system as well as the brew head on the portafilter.
- Wipe down the housing with a damp cloth. If necessary, use a little mild detergent to remove more intense soiling.
- Thoroughly dry the machine and all accessories before assembling it again.
- Check the mains cable regularly for any damage.
- Do not use any toxic, corrosive or abrasive cleaning agents or scouring sponges to clean the machine. These can damage the surface.
- Never immerse the machine in water.
- Do not use the machine without a suitable container below the brew head and the milk nozzle.
- The water tank and milk reservoir are not suitable for the dishwasher
ii. Cleaning the Milk Frother - Quick Clean after every use
The quick clean of the milk reservoir system should be carried out after every use so that no milk residues can remain in the system and dry on or go mouldy.
- Fill the milk reservoir with water (see the section in the Preparing Cappuccino and Macchiato chapter on page 8).
- Fold out the milk nozzle using the lever.
- Press the “ON / OFF” button to switch on the machine and preheat the water. The control panel flashes during the heating process.
- Place a suitable cup below the milk nozzle.
- As soon as the machine has heated up, the control panel stops flashing. Press the button. A beep will sound. The self-cleaning will start and the button will flash.
- Run the program and pour away the contents of the cup after the self-cleaning finishes.
- Repeat this process if necessary
iii. Cleaning the Filter Baskets
After using the machine, allow it to cool down. Unlock the portafilter from the machine and empty out the used grinds into the sink. Rinse the portafilter and filter basket under the sink and dry well. If your filter baskets seem clogged, we suggest using a tiny needle every so often to help pop out any grinds that may get caught in the filter basket holes.
iv. Intensive Clean of Machine, Portafilter, and Milk Frother
- Fill the water tank with water
- Fill the milk reservoir with water
- Fold out the milk nozzle using the lever.
- Press and Hold the “CLEAN” button 4~5secs. The blue lights will illuminate and flash.
- The cleaning procedure will run for around 15 minutes.
- The “CLEAN” button will remain illuminated after this step is completed.
- Press the “CLEAN” button again (around 1 sec.)
- The cleaning procedure will run for around 5 minutes.
- Once completed, the yellow indicator light will go away after 2 beeps
8. Descaling the machine
The first indications that descaling is required are a large amount of steam being produced and slower brewing of the espresso. The machine indicates at regular intervals that it needs to be descaled. When the yellow control lamp is lit, a descaling process should be performed. The control lamp goes out as soon as a cleaning or descaling process has been performed.
Limescale deposits have an adverse effect not only on the quality of the espresso and the water, but they also cause power losses and shorten the lifespan of the machine. The thicker a limescale layer is, the more difficult it is to remove.
We therefore recommend regularly removing limescale deposits with a descaling agent in accordance with the water quality in your area and how often the machine is used (approx. every 2 – 6 weeks).
9. How to Use the EspressoWorks Coffee Grinder
- Carefully unpack your espresso machine and remove all packing material. Wipe the grinding chamber, blades with a damp lint-free cloth or sponge. WARNING: Blades are extremely sharp. Handle with care.
- Place the coffee grinder on a flat surface. Remove the lid.
- Pour coffee beans into the grinding chamber. Do not use more than 30g of coffee beans.
- Secure the lid into the motor base. Align the arrow with the “OFF” marking on the motor base.
- Connect the coffee grinder to the power supply.
- Turn the lid clockwise to the “ON” mark on the motor base. The coffee grinder will operate. Hold the lid at the “ON” position.
- If the lid is released, it will return to the “OFF” position and the coffee grinder will stop operating. Turn and hold the lid to the “ON” position if you want the coffee grinder to operate again.
- View the consistency of the coffee grounds from the transparent lid. Never remove the lid until the blades stop completely.
- Once the desired ground size has been obtained, disconnect the power cable from the power outlet.
- Remove the transparent lid and pour out the coffee ground.
Do not run the appliance continuously for more than 30 seconds. After a full 30 second cycle, allow the grinder to rest for another three minutes before using it again.
10. How to clean the EspressoWorks Electric Coffee Grinder
- Always switch off and unplug before cleaning.
- Never left the motor unit, power cable or plug get wet. Only the transparent lid can be immersed in water for cleaning.
- Clean the lid with water and mild detergent. The lid is not dishwasher-safe. Rinse and dry thoroughly
- Never immerse the monitor base in water for cleaning, or fill the grinder chamber with water for cleaning.
- Wipe the grinding chamber and blades with a damp cloth, then dry thoroughly. Handle blades and cutting plates with care because they are extremely sharp.