Click here to download the full EspressoWorks 19-Bar Espresso and Cappuccino Machine troubleshooting guide
Do not attempt to dismantle your machine.
If the cause of failure is not listed below, please contact us at email@example.com or through our Contact Us form.
UNDERSTANDING THE CONTROL PANEL
Please take a minute to learn what the icons and buttons on the control panel mean.
Blue Function Light
Flashing - In Progress
Solid - Ready to use
Red Indicator Light
Flashing - Warning
Solid - Wrong Voltage
Yellow Indicator Light
Flashing - Machine clog
FIRST USE - UNLOCKING THE MACHINE
Before using your brand new machine for the very first time, it needs to be unlocked. Follow these steps to get your machine ready to brew.
- Fill the water tank up to the max line and place it in the machine.
- Fill the milk reservoir up to the max line. Place it into the machine. Make sure to hear the “click” sound to confirm it is securely in place.
- Place any filter basket into the portafilter. Then set and twist the portafilter to the machine to lock it in firmly.
- Place a cup underneath the portafilter.
- Plug in the machine to the power socket. Press the “ON/ OFF” button to switch on the machine. The red indicator and blue function lights on the control panel will be flashing.
- Then, press the “CLEAN” button on the control panel.
- After a few seconds, water should start flowing through the machine. This cleaning takes 10 seconds.
- Once the cleaning cycle has finished and the water has stopped dripping, 2 beeps will sound indicating successful completion of the unlocking. The red indicator light will deluminate and the machine will now warm up. This will take up to 40 seconds and all the blue function lights on the control panel will flash during warm up. Once the machine is ready to brew, the blue function lights will appear solid.
- If water does not pour out, remove the portafilter, and press the “CLEAN” button once again.
- If water still doesn’t pour after 5 seconds, press the “CLEAN” button again to stop.
- Repeat this process until water starts flowing through the machine and into the cup.
- Do not stop the cleaning once the water is flowing. Let the cleaning finish and wait for the 2 beeps to sound. This could take up to 5 tries.
- Once the machine has warmed up, the buttons will have a steady blue light and the machine is ready to use.
Blue Function Lights
Solid Blue Function Light
MACHINE WARMING UP AFTER TURNING ON
Flashing will occur for around 40 seconds indicating warm up in progress. The machine is ready when all the blue function lights appear solid with double flashing lights and 2 beeps will sound.
FUNCTION WORKS IN PROGRESS
Blue function light flashes after any function is used. Flashing will occur for around 30 seconds until the function is ready to be used again. The machine is ready when the blue function light appears solid.
MILK RESERVOIR IS NOT PUT IN PLACE
Blue “CAPPUCCINO”, “LATTE”, “MILK FROTH” and “CLEAN” function lights turn off and do not work when the milk reservoir is not placed properly or missing. Readjust or install the milk reservoir. Make sure to hear a “click” sound to confirm it is securely in place.
Flashing Blue Indicator Light
Red Indicator Light: Flashing
Red indicator light keeps flashing when the machine is out of water and/or the brewhead is clogged, and several beeps sound in succession.
RUN OUT OF WATER IN THE WATER TANK
- Detach the water tank from the machine and fill it with water.
- Place a cup underneath.
- Press any button. Water will run through the system into the cup. The machine will stop beeping. The red indicator light will delimunate after 10 seconds. The blue function lights will appear solid.
- If the blue function lights do not turn on after the above step, press the “ON/OFF” button. The machine will start to warm up. All blue function lights will flash for 30-40 seconds. Once it has warmed up, 2 beeps will sound. The blue function lights will appear solid.
- Then the machine is ready to brew.
Flashing Red Indicator Light
- DO NOT unplug the machine or press any buttons to disrupt the operation.
- Please repeat the steps 2-3 times if the red indicator light flashes continuously. The machine should return to its normal settings upon completion.
The brewhead on the EspressoWorks 19-bar Espresso and Cappuccino Machine
FIXING A CLOGGED BREWHEAD
- Clean the brew head and the seal ring.
- Fill up water tank and install in place.
- Place a cup underneath and do not install the portafilter.
- Press the “DOUBLE” button. Water will run through the system into the cup. Repeat 3-5 times. The red indicator light will eventually delimunate. The blue function lights will appear solid.
- Then the machine is ready to brew.
- Please clean the brew head and the seal ring after every use.
- Do not take out the portarfilter until the the blue function lights illuminate and water starts flowing into the drip tray. Otherwise the sudden release of pressure will cause the coffee coffee grounds to scatter and clog up the seal ring.
- This would lead to eventual leakage if not cleaned properly
Red Indicator Light: Solid
Red indicator light appears solid when the machine is plugged into a socket outlet with the incorrect voltage or wattage is not stable.
- Please make sure your power supply stable at 120V, 1250W.
- Please try another socket if needed.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if this error persists after following the above steps.
Solid Red Indicator Light
Yellow Indicator Light: Flashing
MACHINE IS CLOGGED
For long term storage, we have included a program to avoid any clogging. In this case the yellow indicator light will flash. Please follow the “Deep Clean” steps below to resolve this issue.
- Fill up water tank and milk reservoir with water up to the max line. Then install in place.
- Place a large container which can hold more than 1.5L
water under the brew head. Fold out the milk nozzle on the milk reservoir by using the level.
- Press and hold the “CLEAN” button 4-5 seconds.
- The blue “CLEAN” function light will flash.
- The cleaning procedure will run for around 15 minutes.
- The “CLEAN” button will appear solid after this step is completed.
- Fill up the water tank to the max level again.
- Press the “CLEAN” button again (around 1second.)
- The cleaning procedure at this step will run for around 1-2 minutes.
- Once completed, the yellow indicator light will deluminate after 2 beeps.
- Blue function lights will flash up to 40 seconds to warm up. When the blue function lights appear solid. The machine is ready to use.
Flashing Yellow Indicator Light
It is normal that the machine will produce rapid sound during the cleaning procedure. Water will also pour into the milk reservoir from the water tank. DO NOT turn off or press any buttons until a step is done.
- The whole “Deep Clean” process takes around 20 minutes to complete.
- Please monitor the whole process to avoid water spill.
- DO NOT turn off the machine or press any buttons to disrupt the operation.
There are 3 possibilities as to why you are experiencing some water leakage from your machine.
1. The drip tray is improperly placed.
Readjust the drip tray so it can catch the excess water that flows out normally during extractions.
2. The water tank is improperly placed.
Fill up water tank with water at the max level. Then readjust the tank to fit snug with no open areas around the tank.
3. The water tank has been filled over the MAX line.
Ensure that the water does not surpass the MAX line
Reset to Factory Settings
Follow these steps to successfully reset your 19-bar EspressoWorks Espresso & Cappuccino Maker to its original factory settings:
- Switch off the machine. Do not unplug the machine from the power source.
- Press and hold the “SINGLE” and “DOUBLE” buttons on the control panel simultaneously. Then press the “ON/OFF” button. 5 beeps will sound indicating your machine has successfully reverted to its factory settings.
You will have to unlock the machine after resetting before being able to brew.