Six Spooky Halloween Coffee Recipes
Halloween Coffee Recipes that are Scary Good!
It’s nearly everyone’s favorite spooky time of the year again! As people dress up and get into the Halloween spirit, why not give your favorite coffee drinks the same festive trickery and treatment? There’s no better excuse to play mad scientist and perform delicious little experiments with your favorite blends of coffee and espresso. Below, we’ve got six wicked delicious Halloween coffee recipes that should serve as inspiration so you can whip up some creative coffee treats that are scary good!
1. Witch’s Cold Brew
Nothing says Halloween quite like a witch’s brew, and one of our favorite brews is of the cold variety. Our first Halloween coffee beverage adds a little fall kick to the traditional cold brew recipe.
To make 1 serving of Witch’s Cold Brew, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 8 ounces cold brew coffee
- 1-ounce chocolate liquor
- 1 ½ tablespoons half and half
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- pinch of ground ginger
- granulated sugar to taste
- Pour the coffee into a coffee cup.
- Stir in chocolate syrup or liquor
- Measure out 1 ½ tablespoon of half and half and stir
- Mix your cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger together and either mix into the drink by stirring with a spoon, or sprinkle on top for a stronger kick of flavor with your first sips.
- add Ice, and serve immediately.
2. Dirty Chai Latte
Add a little spice to your Halloween coffee by brewing up a quick and simple Dirty Chai Latte. Not only is this a great drink to impress your friends and family, but it also shows that when it comes to coffee, you’re willing to play a little dirty.
To make 1 serving of Dirty Chai Latte, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 chai tea bag
- 1/2 cup of boiling water
- 1/2 teaspoon of honey
- 1 shot of espresso, cooled
- 1/4 cup of milk (or milk substitute of your choice)
- ground cinnamon or cardamom (optional)
- Steep your tea bag in your boiling water, whisk with honey and allow the tea to cool.
- Brew a strong shot of espresso. Make sure to grind your coffee evenly and tamp it nice and tight before letting your coffee machine do the magic. You can also use a Moka Pot for this step.
- Add ice to a glass and pour in the tea and then the espresso. Finally, add in milk and the rest of the accompaniments.
3. Apple Cider Latte
If you’re looking to spike your Halloween coffee creation, you can’t go wrong with an Apple Cider Latte. Instead of bobbing for apples, just infuse them straight into your coffee and enjoy a mildly alcoholic treat.
To make 1 serving of Apple Cider Latte, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 shot of strong Espresso
- 1/4 cup of apple cider
- 1/4 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1/2 cups of hot milk
- whipped cream
- 1/2 teaspoon of apple pie spice
- Heat your coffee, cider, and sugar in a saucepan for about 5 minutes until the sugar has totally dissolved. Make sure to stir frequently.
- Add your milk to a jar or container and shake it until frothy. Or use a milk frother for a quicker and thorough froth.
- Combine milk and coffee mixture and top with whipped cream and apple pie spice. Try an apple or cinnamon liqueur to make this treat a little tricky.
4. Maple Coffee Shake
Halloween is a fun tradition that ties in perfectly with all things autumn. What better way to embrace that autumn has finally arrived than with a delicious and decadent Maple Coffee Shake? While this drink may not be the spookiest type of Halloween coffee on our list, it doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy it during October.
To make 1 serving of Maple Coffee Shake, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 2 cups of maple ice cream
- 3/4 cup of freshly brewed coffee
- 1 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 maple cream cookies, crumbled
- Whipped cream and maple syrup, for topping
- Blend your ice cream and coffee until smooth.
- Add 2 maple cream cookies and 1 and ½ tbsp of maple syrup, continue blending for a smoother texture, or mix with a spoon or frother for a more chunky texture.
- Pour into glasses and add whipped cream and maple syrup for topping.
5. Spooky Spiked Espresso Float
Fizzy, creamy, and boozy, this drink may look like something out of a mad scientist’s laboratory! However, if you prioritize taste overlooks, then a spooky spiked espresso float is the perfect Halloween coffee drink to make your October truly spooky!
To make 1 serving of Spooky Spiked Espresso Float, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 shot of espresso
- 1 scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 shot of your favorite coffee liqueur
- Simple Syrup
- Soda of your choice
- Measure out 1 shot of espresso in an espresso glass and pour it over a scoop of vanilla ice cream into a cup or mug.
- Pour in a shot of coffee liqueur.
- Top your glass with soda until it’s full.
6. Purple Ube Dalgona
If you want a beverage that really looks the part, a Purple Ube Dalgona is a Halloween drink that is sure to turn heads. It’s surprisingly easy to create this otherworldly, alien-looking concoction right in your home! All you need are a few specific ingredients and you’ll have a creation that looks as if it came straight from the stars.
To make 1 serving of Purple Ube Dalgona, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 2 oz of purple sweet potato
- 1/8 cup of honey
- 1/8 cup of cold milk (For ube paste)
- 1/2 cup of hot milk (For drink)
- 1 shot of espresso
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (205 degrees Celsius) and bake for 45 minutes.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into pieces and add them along with honey and a bit of cold milk into the blender.
- Strain everything until you get a very fine texture (like a paste).
- Add 1/8 cup of your purple ube paste into a mug and then add 1/2 cup of hot milk.
- Add a shot of espresso and then use a frother to make the whole drink nice and frothy.
Give Regular Coffee Drinks the BOOt
In October, everyone enjoys getting into the spooky festive season. These six spooky Halloween coffee drinks will let you channel your creativity, turn heads and give people the chills for all the right reasons. Happy Halloween!